Thursday 24 January 2013

museum

Today we started homeschool. We also had our first excursion. We went to the Fitzwilliam Museum in Camridge. Being a lover of  Egypt I went straight to the Egyptian section. It was great. It had mummified crocodiles, a statue of an ibis and Egyptian jewellery. It convinced me that Egyptians are the best painters and scupltors of the ancient world. The thing that I liked best were two tiny hippo faces. They were extremely detailed which shows how careful the Egyptians were about sculpting.

After we had finished looking at the Egyptian section, we looked at some Victorian ornaments. They were very pretty and reminded me of a shop. Speaking of shops, I bought a beautiful scarab bead which was very lucky because I always wanted a scarab ornament.

When I got home, I studied a bit more about Egypt and realised that Egyptians were not just careful about art, they were careful about practically everything. Pyramids, mummifying, you name it!

I'm lucky I don't live in those times because I'd be really busy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this must have been an exciting visit. I love the way you've written about the visit to the Fitzwilliam. Love Grandad

    ReplyDelete